Spring Open House
Join us for a night of volcanos, fossils, rock stars, & more!
FRIDAY, APRIL 5 @ 6-9PM - FREE & OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Location: Sutton Building, 115 S. 1460 E, SLC UT
Parking: Limited, free parking in the parking garage at 100 S 1455 E (only floors 2-4). Additional parking in paid lot south of William Browning Building and east of the A. Ray Olpin University Union
Non-stop fun FOR ALL AGES
- Featured presentation @ 7pm: "We Are Earth Walking: How chemistry links all living things to their place & environment" by Dr. Gabe Bowen.
- See how Geologists use drones, virtual reality, 3D printing, & augmented reality!
- Delicious refreshments, 8pm! Trebuchet launching candy all night!
- Photo ops with Stomp, our dinosaur mascot!
- Over two dozen of fun, hands-on activities & games about meteorites, rocks, dinosaurs, arches, earthquakes, volcanoes, fossils, snow melt, etc.!
- Win lots of cool geology-themed prizes!
- Silent rock auction!
- Bring your rocks to get identified by an expert!
- Tour our amazing collection of rocks, minerals, fossils gems, & meteorites!
- Buy inexpensive & beautiful geological maps, rocks, t-shirts, & toys!
Follow us on FaceBook and deep up to date about all the exciting “University of Utah Geology and Geophysics” events and news.